The JobKeeper program has been extended until 28 March 2021.
To continue receiving JobKeeper payments, eligible employers will need to assess their decline in turnover with reference to actual GST turnover for the September 2020 quarter (for JobKeeper payments between 28 September and 3 January 2021) and again for the December 2020 quarter (for payments between 4 January 2021 and 28 March 2021).
Eligibility for one JobKeeper period does not entitle you to, or exclude you from, payments in another period. Each eligibility period is assessed separately.
How to continue receiving JobKeeper extension 1 payments
- From 28 September 2020, the JobKeeper payment rate will reduce and split into a higher and lower rate based on the number of hours the employee worked in specific 28 day period prior to 1 March 2020 or 1 July 2020.
- A reminder that you have until 31 October 2020 to meet the wage condition for fortnights ending in October for all your eligible employees.
- To remain eligible for JobKeeper Extension One, you’ll need to demonstrate that you satisfy the actual decline in turnover for the September 2020 quarter (July, August, September) relative to a comparable period (generally July, August, September 2019).
- If you are currently enrolled and would like to continue to claim JobKeeper payments in the first extension, you’ll need to check your continuing eligibility from 1 October 2020. Once confirmed, this information needs to be submitted to the ATO.
- If you have not previously enrolled in JobKeeper, you must enroll by 31 October 2020 to be eligible for JobKeeper Extension 1.
- You will then need to submit a monthly declaration to the ATO between the 1st and the 14th of each month, to receive your reimbursements for payments you made in the previous month.
- You’ll need to select which payment tier you’re claiming for each eligible employee or business participant by your first monthly business declaration due by 14th November 2020.
Please contact our office (07) 3831 1055 if you require any assistance in relation to your JobKeeper requirements or assessing eligibility for JobKeeper Extension 1.